你是不是每天都离不开手机?每周都参加健身运动?偶尔吃顿快餐?就像汉语一样,英语里可有很多表示频率的副词,从低到高有好几十个呢!把握好了时间频率副词,就能更为准确生动的对不同活动进行描述。来吧,小伙伴们,今天将教你一些有关表达时间频率高低的副词短语。第一部分侧重高频率短语,第二部分侧重低频率短语。
第一部分:表示频率高的副词:
情景对话 1:
Bill:You look super fit these days, the magic of the gym?
你看上去非常健康,是不是去健身房的结果呀?
Jenny:Yes, I go to the gym every day, except Sundays. You don‘t like going to the gym, do you?
是的。除了星期日之外,我每天都去。你不喜欢去健身房吧?
Bill:Not really. But I take my dog for a walk twice a day and that gives me lots of exercise! You said you go to the gym every day except Sundays, why not Sundays?
对。不过我每天两次溜狗,倒也给了我很多运动机会。你刚说星期日不去健身房,为什么?
Jenny:Because I always make sure I pop over to see my parents on Sundays.
因为我总要在星期天去看看我父母。
Bill:Do they come to see you sometimes?
他们有时也来看你吗?
Jenny:Yes. They love the theatre, so whenever they come to the West End, we would have dinner together.
是。他们喜欢看戏,所以只要他们来伦敦西区,我们就一起吃饭。
注意:
对时间频率的表达有两种,一种是可数的,确定的;另一种是较模糊的,不确定的。比如 every day 或 twice a day 都是可数的;而 whenever 这个词的频率则变数较大。上面对话里说“她父母每次来伦敦看戏时他们都聚餐见面”,这里的whenever可指几天一次、几个星期一次,或者几个月一次的频率概念。要根据上下文来断定。
情景对话2:
Ying:Excuse me, I’ve just got a message...
对不起,我收到了条信息。
Cathy:Another one? You seem to get a lot of messages, don‘t you?
又一个?你好像总收到不少消息,是吧?
Ying:Tell me about it. With everyone using WeChat now, I get messages constantly!
可不是吗。现在每人都用微信了,信息频频而来呀。
Cathy:How often do you check your messages?
你多长时间查看一次消息?
Ying:Good question. Well, maybe on an hourly basis, because I don’t want to miss important ones from friends and family.
问得好。也许每个小时查一次吧,因为我不想错过朋友和家人的信息。
Cathy:Talking about family. How often do you go back to see your parents?
说道家人,你多长时间回家看父母一次?
Ying:As often as I can, about three times a year.
我尽量多回去,大约每年三次吧。
小结:频率词语, 从高到低
always, every time 总是,每次都
almost all the time 几乎都
most of the time/ a great majority of the time 绝大部分时间
frequently 频繁地
half of the time 一半时间
usually 通常
often 经常
three times a year/month/day 每年/每月/每天 三次